Monday, March 9, 2015

Christmas

Yes, I know it is March.  Get over it.  I'll make this quick.  Christmas at home was a joy, as usual.  It started out really quiet; I got home to Mapleton the morning of Christmas Eve, after a late night flight and crashing on Dave's couch.  It was great to see Mom and Dad!  And Mom had totally prepped the house with my "Welcome Home" sign.  I love her!

It was just the three of us till about mid day on Christmas Day, for the first time.  It was different, but really nice.  After coming home, I went on a run and then got right to work on my Christmas Eve projects, AKA tons of baking with a movie or two in the background.  Nothing but good, people.


We tried finding our first Christmas Mass in Utah, and though it left much to be desired (sorry, Payson), I think we were glad we went...?  (I reeeeally missed NYC at this moment).  But it was a nice night with my parents anyway.  

Christmas morning, Santa brought me, among other things, some cake bites.  With one missing.  That Santa.  I like him. 

 A huge storm came in, and I actually didn't even leave my house for about 36 hours.  

It was amazing.  Thankfully, all the people who were trying to get to our house did so safely, and all was well that Christmas night.  There was time for food, people I love, selfies with Maggie and singing from Ainsley.  What could be better, I say?



I love both our Christmas tree and our nativity set that is older than I am.  It brings back such great childhood memories, so I needed to put the picture up for my own sake.  


This pretty much summed up my Christmas Day: 

Mom's birthday, yet again, was the next day.  Crazy how that happens!  Mike and Sarah made it for the weekend.  You know, these people are the reason why I don't reach out to too many friends when I am in town.  All I want to do is hang out with my family.  It's the best.


Eva and James, just showing us life.


The weekend after Christmas was just pure family time.  It was awesome.  Lucy was a sick little girl, but that also meant that she had amazing bed hair.  So there's that.


Mike and Sarah stayed a few extra days and I was so glad! 

 
Lincoln, James, Sam and Eva helping me with the Christmas cookies.


I'm also realizing I don't take many pics of the adults that are around.  Just the kids, mostly.  Carry on...



Token adult: Grandpa.

By the next week I was going a little bit stir crazy, I must admit.  So I did get out to see some friends, and did NYE with my usual people, who I love.  The Littles, Tinneys, Amanda Crabb, Rob Moffat (and his fiance Courtney), and Joseph Ogden.  We went to dinner and a show, and it was lovely, as usual.  I love these hysterical crazies, and their need for reverence snacks no matter where we go.




However, my NYE celebrations began that afternoon with a jaunt up to SLC  to meet with some of my New York ladies, Abby, Mel, and Carolyn. Abby and Carolyn are gone from NYC, so we got to catch up over some amazing hot chocolate.  My girls, minus Deb.  Hence the sad faces.


Then I made it down to American Fork to say hey to Dave and family for their celebration.  They totally know how to party!

Emily, Caleb, Ainsely and Lucy, decked out for the night.

Lucy, feeling just fine by now, giving it to us as the New Year Baby.

Ainsley, showing me how it's done with the sparklers.

Can I just end by talking about how beatiful it is in Mapleton?  That's all.  Happy New Year!







1 comment:

  1. Loved this! You'll notice I am ages behind on my blog too. Glad to see it's ok to post about Christmas in March. xo!

    ReplyDelete