Tuesday, March 17, 2015

#snowpacalypse

The end of January brought the most intense, massive blizzard warning New York has seen in 20 years.  Everything shut down.  For the first time ever, the whole public transportation system went offline. A snow day was called for the all the schools in the city in preparation.  Thousands of people left work early and business hours were shortened.  In fact, I would say most people I know had a snow day called.   It was going to be a big one.  So I (against my better judgement, but not wanting to miss a night with my girls) packed an overnight bag and headed to Deb's place for a sleepover with Melanie and Carolyn, who was in town for a few days.  We ate and chatted until the wee hours of the morning, all the while thinking this huge blizzard was going to come.  

It didn't come.
It was just a snowstorm like any other.

I know a lot of people were very relieved, but frankly, I was looking forward to the drama of it all, and a potential day off. Didn't happen.  So I was a little let down, honestly.

At least we lived, and weathered the storm together. Whew.

Then I went to work.

I'm ready to brave the storm, heaven help me.

Thai/Mexican food and Schmackery cookies. A typical night with the girls.


Carolyn was done.


The crazy aftermath!  

NYC as a ghost town is always cool. 9th Ave.



1 comment:

  1. That is an amazing shot of an empty 9th Ave. Wow. I agree--when you're prepared for the BIG ONE and it doesn't come, it is a bit of a letdown. Sorry 'bout that! xo

    ReplyDelete